In August of 2016, Avalon ISD received the rating of MET STANDARD by the Texas Education Agency.
To review the accountability chart for the district, click here.
The Texas Academic Performance Report for Avalon ISD is available by clicking here
.HB5 Rating - Avalon School (one campus) - RECOGNIZED
Under House Bill 5 (HB5), each campus & district in Texas is rated based on nine factors.
The nine factors for which the district and each campus must be evaluated are:
- Fine arts - Acceptable
- Wellness and physical education - Recognized
- Community and parental involvement - Recognized
- 21st century workforce development program - Recognized
- 2nd language acquisition program - Acceptable
- Digital learning environment - Recognized
- Dropout prevention strategies - Recognized
- Educational programs for GT students - Acceptable
- Compliance with statutory reporting and policy requirements - YES